Happy birthday to us!
This week we mark our birthday – 29 years of giving a hand up to thousands of people. While there is much to celebrate about what we’ve achieved since 1991, the reality is there is more work to be done than ever before. In this week’s magazine, read about how we support vendors through the pandemic and how The Big Issue is lobbying government via our Ride Out Recession Alliance, and building an investment platform – The Big Exchange – to secure a brighter future for all.
The Big Art Auction
Rock ‘n’ roll up to a unique auction bringing together some of the world’s best artists, who have each created stunning exclusive pieces to raise money to support Big Issue vendors. Goldie, Radiohead artist Stanley Donwood, creator of iconic punk imagery Jamie Reid and sought-after artists including Gavin Turk, Joana Vasconcelos, Lauren Baker and Bran Symondson are among the 20 names whose pieces will be auctioned to raise funds for The Big Issue on November 4.
-In Letter To My Younger Self, Britain’s top boxing promoter Eddie Hearn says that he’d grab his teenage self by the lapels and call him an idiot
- Benjamin Zephaniah celebrates the fire of young poets protesting the system
- To mark Good Money Week, Laura Whateley shares pound stretching tips to save money during the pandemic
- Electronic music icon Gary Numan writes about his own personal revolution
- Everyone’s favourite rambunctious comedy actor Nick Frost spooks us with his new series with Simon Pegg, Truth Seekers
- Jack Richardson returns as our Vendor Expert to ease our concerns about a possible return to lockdown and on My Pitch we take a look at how vendors from across the world are coping in the age of Covid
Plus much more!