Basking in Emmys glory, the Scots actor tells The Big Issue about the sweet smell of Succession. We talk fame, family, childhood dreams and adult revelations with Dundee’s proud son.
Sir Paul Nurse
Director of the Francis Crick Institute, Chief Scientific Advisor to the European Commission, government advisor for 15 years, former President of the Royal Society, awarded the Legion d’honneur and a Nobel Prize, Sir Paul Nurse has quite a CV. Understanding ourselves, he argues, is the key to overcoming our biggest challenges. Currently Covid…
- About a Boy author Nick Hornby in this week’s Letter To My Younger Self says his childhood taught him that there is always drama in the domestic
- YouTube star Nikki Lilly writes about how Bake Off gave the teenager a career – and new confidence
- For fans of cat redemption stories, Dean Nicholson found new direction and purpose in life when he rescued a stray called Nala in Bosnia
- Nature writer Esther Woolfson explains that the only exceptional thing about humans is our age-old disregard for other life on earth
- We humans have big brains, so why do we fall for conspiracies? Psychology graduate, and vendor, Jack Richardson explains
- In My Pitch, Lloyd in Marlborough tells us how he slept rough for more than 20 years but wants to get some land for an organic co-op
- And in Fact/Fiction we find out: Does having few friends as a kid leave you at higher risk of a heart attack?